UPDATE 4/12/23: Joint Press Release.
The mission of Start.coop is to cultivate the next generation of cooperative businesses at scale. Funds will be used for the legal expenses of incorporation and accounting set-up.
Artisans Cooperative is joining a cohort of 10 exciting and worthy cooperatives in the start-up phase. Together for the next 12 weeks, the ten cooperatives will be meeting several times weekly for coaching, peer coaching, and learning sessions, with homework and deliverables.
At the end of the program, Artisans Cooperative hopes to be incorporated, recruiting its first member-owners, and well on its way to full funding.
We are in good company. The other cooperatives are:
- BEE Collective is bold, and courageous, in designing an equitable and democratic birthing and early childhood coalition in SC that values and supports community wisdom and advances child wellbeing.
- Boomers Collaborative are a group of senior citizens with a new & scalable model for an independent, more stable retirement. Less dependent on social services, we will share resources & space to co-live, co-create, & thrive.
- GoLoCo Chicago will build a model that focuses on providing a low cost, quality customer service food delivery for and owned by local independent restaurants and drivers.
- Goodness Gracious fights food apartheid by providing locally sourced, fresh produce and meats to residents in areas of low income and low access. Our products are sourced from socially disadvantaged farmers.
- LooHoo’s Cafe is a neighborhood Boba Tea and Instant Ramen café. We create jobs and business ownership opportunities for people with disabilities. We’re changing the world one slurp at a time.
- Royal Home Care provides home care for seniors to assist them with things they may no longer be able to do such as cooking, cleaning, bathing, grocery shopping, laundry, driving to doctor appointments and companionship.
- The Tax Coop is a cooperative of independent financial service providers who ally, providing services beyond what solo-providers can without losing autonomy.
- Trellis is an innovator in the veterinary field making access to pet medical care affordable and convenient with a telemedicine model. We created a quadruple-win business plan unique to our industry.
- Zero Energy Homes will build affordable, modular, net zero energy homes with 80-90% Maine materials. It will be governed by a quadruple bottom line: planet, people, product, profit.
About Artisans Cooperative
We are growing an online handmade marketplace for an inclusive network of creatives: a co-op alternative to Etsy.
Shop the marketplace!